• Dual Credit


    (Please CLICK HERE to download a printable PDF of this information)


    A CTE dual credit course is a rigorous, college-level high school class that allows you to earn both high school and college credit at the same time.

    Benefits include:

    • Free College Credit
      Example: Taking “Computer Applications” in high school can earn you 5.0 credits at Renton Technical College for “MAP 114 – Computer Fundamentals: Office 365” AND save you $665.25 (the cost to take a 5.0 credit course at RTC).
    • College Preparation
      Rigorous courses in high school will prepare you for a smooth transition to college education.
    • Earlier College Graduation
      You may be able to graduate college sooner by earning college credit early while in high school.
    • Higher Pay in the Military
      If you are planning to enter the military after high school, you may be able to enlist at a higher pay grade based on earned college credits.



    Scholar Requirements:

    Complete a qualifying CTE High School course listed in the chart below with a “C” (2.0) or better and be granted credit by your High School.


    How to access this free college credit:


    (Procedures may vary by college, CLICK HERE to view the Dual Credit Procedures chart)


    1. Apply for admission to enroll at the qualifying college.
    2. Request for an official high school transcript to be sent to the college.
    3. Complete the required CTE Dual Credit Request Form.
    4. Allow time for processing, then contact the college representative listed below to follow-up on the status of your CTE Dual Credit transcription:


    Green River College
    Lindsey Morris  
    (253) 833-9111 ext. 2624

    Highline College
    Rickitia Reid


    (206) 592-3856

    Renton Technical College

    Faye Watanabe  


    (425) 235-5831


    For Spokane Falls Community College:

    1. Connect with your CTE teacher in high school
    2. Create an account on the SERS website
    3. Apply for admission to SFCC
    4. Allow time for processing, then follow up with the college representative


    Spokane Falls Comm. College

    Matthew Rabon


    (509) 533-3134



    Credit Transfers:

    • College credits may or may not transfer to four-year institutions or other colleges outside the WA state community/technical college system.
    • Students should consult with those colleges concerning specific credit transfer and admissions requirements.
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.