Supporting Your Child’s Transition to Hybrid Learning
Tips for Families:
- Partner with your child’s teacher to communicate how your child feels about coming back to school, so everyone knows how to better support your child during the transition to hybrid learning.
- Before your child comes to school each day, please make sure they have had breakfast and/or lunch to support their transition to learning at school. Every Wednesday your child’s school will provide 7 days’ worth of breakfast and lunch. For a list of each school’s time of school meals service, please visit the School Meals webpage.
Communicating with your Child:
Your child may experience a range of feelings in returning to face-to-face instruction, or remaining in remote instruction. Here are some ways to talk to, share, and support your child during the transition:
School & Community Resources:
- School Counselors: Each school has a counselor who is available to all students throughout the school year to support social and emotional wellness. If you or your child would like to connect with your school counselor, please visit the School Counselor webpage to locate the name and contact information of your school’s counselor. School counselors can also be a resource for families as children transition to hybrid learning and can support additional connections to mental health resources in the local community.
- Family liaisons serve as a bridge between school staff and parents at each elementary and K-8 school in FWPS. To connect with your school family liaison by email, please visit the Family Liaison webpage and click on the name next to your child’s school. Family liaisons can be a resource for families as children transition to hybrid learning, supporting communication and connection to additional school and community resources, as needed.
- Please visit the Community Resources webpage, for additional resources in the local community, including Food Assistance/Meals, Internet Assistance, Childcare Assistance, Shelter & Housing, Rental & Utilities, Financial Assistance, Health & Wellness Assistance, and Immigrant Resources.