Bell Schedules, Bus Schedules and Blue and White Calendar
District Headlines & Features
It's almost time to celebrate with the FWPS Class of 2023!
The Post-lottery Choice enrollment application is open from May 1 – August 31.
Register for the new Family Academy
Sign up to partner with FWPS around important topics critical to scholar success.
Attend Today. Achieve Tomorrow!
Showing up matters! School attendance is essential to academic success, and parents can help too!
FWPS launches STEM with the Superintendent
The new event series aims to help PK-12 scholars explore STEM and scholars can sign-up to participate.
FWPS Opens A New Outdoor Learning Space at FWHS
The new courtyard for the Pre-Apprenticeship Program will support the development of trade skills.
FWHS Office Hours
Monday thru Friday 7 am to 2:30 pm
Main Office Phone: 253-945-5400
Counseling Office 253-945-5407/5408
Registrar: 253-945-5407/Fax: 253-945-5454
Attendance Office 253-945-5419
Hello Eagle Families!
As our year is progressing along, it is important for me to stop and take a moment to appreciate the fantastic students, parents, and staff of Federal Way High School. Not a day goes by that I do not marvel at the kindness, respect, and resilience I witness as I watch students collaborate and help each other. Finally, I am so very grateful for a staff that is generous with their time and talent. It is great to be an Eagle!
It is our goal to have students engaged in their education. Here are some time-tested strategies for students and parents to get the most out of their education.
- Attend school every day and arrive to your classes on time – poor attendance is linked to poor school performance;
- Participate in extra-curricular activities such as ASB clubs;
- Check your grades in StudentVUE (https://grades.fwps.org/PXP2_Login.aspx) – keep on top of your grades and talk to your teachers about making up missed assignments;
- Ask for help – your teachers will go out of their way to help you be successful, but they need you to communicate with them;
- Use your school planner to stay organized. Also use a 3-ring binder to keep your assignments in order. FWHS will provide students with free school supplies if needed; and
- Attend Eagle Vision tutorial or visit your teachers’ office hours after school if you get behind and need extra help.
- Support your student to attend school every day and arrive to classes on time – again, poor attendance is linked to poor school performance;
- Do not schedule student’s appointments during the school day;
- Discuss academic progress with your student on a daily basis;
- Participate in short-term and long-term goal setting with your student;
- Check grades and attendance online weekly in ParentVUE (https://grades.fwps.org/PXP2_Login.aspx). Do not wait until the end of the semester to find out your student’s progress;
- E-mail teachers or counselors if concerns arise. Do not hesitate to ask teachers or counselors for advice how to help your child be successful; and
- Set a tone for a love of reading and learning. Your student should be reading every night.
For school updates, please also follow us at:
- Instagram: @fwhseagles
- Twitter: @federalwayhigh
- Facebook: facebook.com/federalwayhigh
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. Federal Way High School is a great school!
Dr. Matt Oberst