District Headlines & Features
Early Release on March 22
Schools are let out 90 minutes early in support of staff professional learning and collaboration time.
National Reading Month
Check out how FWPS is celebrating literacy and reading throughout the month of March.
Women's History Month
In March, FWPS schools will celebrate and honor Women's History Month with assemblies, art projects, musical performances and more.
Attend the sixth annual STEM Exploration Night, April 12!
From 6-8 pm at Federal Way High School, explore STEM through interactive activities, booths, panels, and more!
Register for the new Family Academy
Sign up to partner with FWPS around important topics critical to scholar success.
Second Semester has started and this is the perfect time to work hard and finish the year strong!
We are still making sure we focus on building relationships and establishing a positive and safe school climate and culture. This is part of our work to continue to strive towards Federal Way Public Schools Strategic Plan with a focus on Goal 2, the Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals. Both students and families can engage in their student’s education. The easiest ways to do this:
- Make sure your student is attending school every day and arriving to class on time.
- Regularly discuss academic progress and goals.
- Students should be checking StuentVue and families can use ParentVue. These tools help you keep on top of grades, attendance, view schedules, and teacher contact information.
- Email teachers and counselors if concerns arise.
It takes all of us working together to help everyone succeed. All of us at Decatur appreciate your continued partnership!
For school updates, news, and events, please also follow us at:
- Facebook: facebook.com/DecaturFWPS/
- Instagram: @thegoldengators
March 30, 2023
March 31, 2023