Address: 34600 12th Ave SW
Federal Way, WA 98023
Principal: Sarah Gill
Assistant Principal: Doreen Owens
Counseling: Dee Bergstrom
Year School was Built: 1991
School Mission Statement
In an environment of high expectations, high support, and no excuses, the staff of Sherwood Forest Elementary School will continually learn, lead, utilize data, and collaborate to ensure our scholars have a voice, a dream, and a bright future.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- School-wide PBIS system for the past three years to support positive behaviors expectations
- Student Council members lead and reinforce our school-wide expectations during our morning arrival by recognizing students who are demonstrating the expected behaviors
Area of Focus
- Build upon our school-wide PBIS systems to provide additional systems (Tier 2) and differentation to support positive behaviors
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- Students in our intermediate grades have the opportunitiy to participate in our SPHERO robotic club to engage in STEM learning activitites
- The percentage of students on target for reading as measured by IRLA is setting the pace for scholars across the district
Area of Focus
- Improve high quality math instruction through early implementation of the rigorous new Ready Math curriculum
Parents and community members can be involved by participating in programs such as “Reading Around the Forest”, being a “Forest Greeter”, through “Coffee Chats”, getting involved actively with PBIS, or a wide variety of PTA events.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.