About Two-Year Colleges
A two-year college offers certificates, diplomas, and Associate Degrees. Most credit will transfer to a four-year university, within the same state, especially when getting an Associate's degree. Some Two-Year colleges offer Trade School Programs and Four-Year Degree Programs.
Here is an interactive map of all Two-Year Colleges in Washington State!
Applying to a Two-Year College
So you want to go to a Two-Year College, have you…
- Chosen the community college you would like to attend?
- Applied for admission?
- Have you registered for the Asset/Compass/placement test?
- Considered how to finance your college?
- Completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Started working on your Financial Aid Worksheet
- Looked at Community College Steps for Financial Aid
- Filled out scholarships
- Requested official transcripts from your school?
- Taken a virtual tour of your college or visited campus?
- Followed up with your college to make sure everything has been received?
After you received an acceptance letter, have you…
- Reviewed your financial aid offer?
- Notified college of your acceptance?
- Applied/paid for room and board, if available?
- Registered for orientation?
- Registered for your courses?
- Followed scholarship procedures on how to get your money?