Important Information


  • Link to FAFSA (click here)

    Do I pay to fill out the FAFSA?

    NO. The first letter of FAFSA stands for FREE. If it is asking you to pay, it is a scam

    Which FAFSA year do I select?

    You want to submit the FAFSA for the years you will be ENTERING COLLEGE

    How much will I get?

    FAFSA is based on income, so it depends on what your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Get an estimate of your EFC at FAFSA4caster

    What is the deadline?

    FAFSA opens on October 1 and officially closes on June 30 of the following year; however, schools have varying PRIORITY deadlines for guaranteed aid. Check with your schools to be sure


  • Link to WASFA (click here)

    While undocumented students do not qualify for federal financial aid, they CAN apply to the WASFA. The Washington State Application for Financial Aid (WASFA) is an application open to eligible undocumented students to receive state financial aid. In order to apply, a student must meet the following criteria:

    • Have graduated from a Washington high school or obtained a GED.
    • Have lived in Washington for three years prior to, and continuously since, earning the high school diploma or equivalent.
    • Sign an affidavit (written promise) to file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States when eligible to apply.


    Which WASFA year do I select?

    You want to submit the WASFA for the years you will be ENTERING COLLEGE