Family & Community Partnerships
Be Informed, Be Prepared, Be Involved.
Research indicates that family engagement is one of the most important factors to a child’s academic achievement. After all, parents know their children better than anyone else.
The Federal Way Public Schools Family and Community Partnership Office exists to support students’ success by supporting parents. We work hard to build effective partnerships between parents, community and staff.
Family engagement can take many forms. It may involve activities in the school, at home, or even at another location. There are a variety of ways you can remain informed, prepared and involved – please read “You Can Promote Your Student’s Success in School.”
To become more aware of how you as a parent can support your child’s academic success, please review the Partnership 101 booklet (English, Español, 한국의, or Pусский).
What We Do
Federal Way Public Schools supports family engagement to encourage students to reach their maximum learning potential. Our office coordinates parent activities to help us share (and learn!) ideas for developing the learning potential of all children.
- We give parents tips for navigating the school system
- We share ideas to help parents be effective advocates
- We share family engagement opportunities and practices
- We offer parents ways to share their insights and ideas with schools
- We also provide tools so parents can support their students
- We support teachers and staff who are working to engage parents in our schools.
Partnership 101 Workshop
Watch parents sharing their ideas during the Partnership 101 Workshop: