Truman School Profile
Address: 31455 28th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
Principal: Caitlin Boline
Assistant Principal: Aaron Bellessa
Counselors: Melissa Pederson & Dr. Marla Stewart
Year School was Built: 1996
School Mission Statement
Career Academy's mission statement is to empower lifelong learners that invent and create the future through a blended, collaborative learning model highlighted by autonomy, self-direction, and student mastery.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- All scholars have the option and resources to do an internship that will support college and career readiness goals
- Advisory and community building activities twice a day to support positive behavior and build community
Area of Focus
- Impoving upon our school-wide PBIS systems to provide additional systems (Tier 2) and differentation to support positive behaviors
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- Big Picture Learning site focused on competency based education
- Competencies earned through Personal Projects and Internships
Area of Focus
- Increasing the rigor and robustness of student projects in order to demonstrate competencies and support career readiness
Check out the ways you can support Career Academy students on our website.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.