Address: 1415 SW 314th St
Federal Way WA 98032
Principal: Angela Williamson
Assistant Principal: Amanda Wilde
Counseling: Toni Fortunato & Shannon Harris
Year School was Built: 2008
School Mission Statement
As staff, it is our responsibility to create the conditions for scholars to learn, thrive, and succeed. We are committed to providing each scholar rigorous standards-based, culturally responsive instruction, and ensuring that they are seen, valued, heard, and feel a strong sense of belonging at school. At Lakota, we challenge ourselves and each other to RISE – be Responsible, Inclusive, Safe, and Empathetic. Guided by our Strategic Plan, we will continue to place scholars at the center of all decisions, elevate their voices, which will ensure A BRIGHT FUTURE FOR EACH SCHOLAR.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the District Strategic Plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- 100% of Scholars participate in Student-Led Conferences
- Implementation of school-wide Advisory lessons that support Social Emotional Learning
Area of Focus
- Continued work towards 100% of scholars feeling safe and welcome at Lakota through Advisory lessons, PBIS systems and Principal Scholar Advisory input
- Scholar social, emotional, and academic ownership of learning is a strong focal point this year with the staff setting the necessary conditions for scholars to thrive
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- Schoolwide focus on rigorous reading, writing, speaking and listening through Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning strategy
Area of Focus
- It has been said that reading unlocks power and privilege. At Lakota, we ensure that our scholars have at least 30 minutes of daily Independent Reading Level Assessment (IRLA) where scholars grow their reading stamina, vocabulary acquisition, and their genre selection.
- Classroom volunteers
- School Garden
- Lakota Kings
- PBIS Partnerships
School Improvement Plan and Score Cards
Check out www.fwps.org/athletics or contact our school for a current list of available athletics teams.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.