Bonds are for Buildings. Levies are for Learning.
What is a Levy?
- Levies support educational programs.
- Levies require a 50 percent plus one voter approval.
- Levies provide necessary supports for schools and scholars including technology, staff compensation, additional staffing and programs to adequately support schools’ and scholars’ needs.
- The Educational Programs & Operation (EP&O) Levy supports enhancements and enrichments to the day-to-day operations.
What is a bond?
- Bonds are for new construction or the rebuilding or expansion of school facilities.
- Bonds require a 60 percent majority approval.
- Bonds generate School Construction Assistance Program (SCAP) monies from the state which can be used to offer safety enhancements and critical maintenance needs throughout the district.
Read more about our current bond and construction efforts here: www.fwps.org/bond