Woodmont K-8 School Profile
Address: 26454 16th Ave S
Des Moines WA 98198
Principal: Shawn Kocher
Assistant Principal: Barry Fisk
Counseling: Azeb Hagos
Year School was Built: 1960
School Mission Statement
We are educators who believe in STEM integration and a project-based approach who will provide exemplary learning opportunities for scholars to meet high expectations so that they develop critical thinking, agency, and collaboration.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- More than 95% of Woodmont families participate in Scholar Led Conferences.
- 99% of Woodmont scholars did not miss instructional time due to discipline
Area of Focus
- 100% of Woodmont schoolars will report feeling safe and welcome at school
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- 100% of Woodmont scholars participate in a project-based approach to learning
- 100% of Woodmont scholars have 1:1 technology and smart boards is every classroom
Area of Focus
- 80% of Woodmont schoalrs will be meeting or exceeding grade level standards in ELA by 2022
Woodmont PTA, WATCH D.O.G.S., Classroom Volunteers, Art Docent Program, Track Volunteers, Club Victory Volunteers, Des Moines Rotary Club, MaST Center, King County Library, and South King County Fire
You can find the following data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.