Address: 1310 SW 325th Pl
Federal Way, WA 98023
Principal: Kellie Christiansen
Assistant Principal: Robin Furlan
Counseling: Denise Mattsen
Year School was Built: 1989
School Mission Statement
At Silver Lake we believe in building a strong community by ensuring that ALL are welcome and by instilling following the Positive Behavior Intervention System. Every day we come to school to learn. We do that by: Showing Respect, Making Good Decisions, and Solving Problems. Silver Lake takes pride in providing exciting and rigorous core instruction through Standard Based Learning. We place our priority on our growing our scholars academically and socially.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- All school morning assembly every day to build community and reinforce school-wide routines and rituals
- School-wide PBIS system that all staff utlize to acknowledge expectations and recognize positive behaviors
Area of Focus
- Creating, communicating, and implementing a building wide system to ensure all students access to core curriculum as well as creating strong PBIS supports
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- All scholars are recieving core curriculum and instruction. All classrooms and teacher teams are aligned to ensure rigorous grade level standards are met by the end of the year
- All staff meeting in PLCs every six days to analyze data in order to impact instruction and increase student achievement
Area of Focus
- High quality instruction across all classrooms, every day, using a standards aligned curriucum while supporting teachers in the PLC framework
Currently our school partners with Boyko Motors. They worked to donate school supplies to support our scholars’ needs. We welcome other community organizations to connect with us. Please call the school office if you’re interested.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.