Bonds are for Buildings. Levies are for Learning.
What is a levy?
- Levies support educational programs.
- Levies require a 50 percent plus one voter approval.
- Levies provide necessary supports for schools and scholars including technology, staff compensation, additional staffing and programs to adequately support schools’ and scholars’ needs.
- The Educational Programs & Operation (EP&O) Levy supports enhancements and enrichments to the day-to-day operations, and is up for renewal February 2018.
What is a Bond?
- Bonds are for new construction or the rebuilding or expansion of school facilities.
- Bonds require a 60 percent majority approval.
- Bonds generate School Construction Assistance Program (SCAP) monies from the state which can be used to offer safety enhancements and critical maintenance needs throughout the district.
- Bonds–Phase 2 (pending voter authorization Nov. 7, 2017) will provide funds to rebuild schools.