College Bound Scholarship

What is the College Bound Scholarship?

  • The scholarship is an early commitment of state finanical aid to eligible students who sign up in middle school and fulfill the College Bound pledge. The program is administered by the Washington Student Achievement Council. 


    What is the Pledge? 

    • College Bound students promise to:
      • Graduate from a Washington State high school or home school with a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher;
      • Not be convicted of a felony;
      • Apply to an eligible college and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) as soon after October 1 as possible in your senior year of high school.


    Am I Eligible?

    Apply if you are in seventh or eighth grade and meet one of the following requirements:

    • You are in foster care or a dependent of the state
    • Your family receives basic food or TANF benefits
    • Your family meets the income requirements in the chart below:

      Household Size Annual Income Guidelines* Monthly Income Weekly Income
      2 $31,284 $2,607 $602
      3 $39,461 $3,289 $759
      4 $47,638 $3,970 $917
      5 $55,815 $4,652 $1,047
      6 $63,992 $5,333 $1,231
      Each additional household member Add $8,177 Add $682 Add $158

      *Household income must be less than or equal to this amount.


    How do I apply?

    Check with your counselor or go online at 


    Is there a deadline?

    Yes! You must apply by June 30 at the end of your eighth grade year.


    What happens next?

    Once you have submitted a complete application, you will receive a College Bound certificate in the mail. The program will send scholarship updates to the email address you list on your application.


    How Will I receive the scholarship?

    • File the FAFSA or WASFA in your senior year and every year in college to determine income eligibility.
    • Fulfill the scholarship pledge requirements.
    • Be accepted to an eligible college.
    • Be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen, or have DACA status.


College Bound Flyers