Choice Registration Program

  • Through the Choice Registration Process, families have the opportunity to apply for placement at a school other than their neighborhood school.

    Please review the procedures below regarding Choice, and click on the link to view the application. Please note that approval of Choice placement is not guaranteed and is based upon space availability.

    *Please Note - Internet Academy can be found through their website at Please follow their instructions for registration, as requests for Internet Academy are not processed through Choice Enrollment.

Contact Us

Choice Info (Click on Each Selection for More Info)

  • Choice Rules and Regulations

  • Placement Priorities

  • Frequently Asked Questions

Choice Timeline 2023-24

Choice Transfer Request

  • When a family resides outside of the district boundaries they are applying to attend, a Choice Transfer Request form is required in addition to a district's Choice application (may also be called a Non-Resident Application, Transfer Waiver, etc). Non-residents applying to attend a school within FWPS boundaries must submit both a Choice Application and Choice Transfer Request to be considered for placement.


    Click Here to complete a Choice Transfer Request to:

    • Transfer to FWPS accompanying an incoming Choice application, or
    • To Transfer to Another School District / School outside of the Federal Way School District.
      • Please also contact the non-resident district to see if they have additional Choice/Transfer paperwork.

    *Reminder -- Choice Transfer Requests expire each year. This form must be filled out each year that a scholar attends a school in the Federal Way Public Schools boundary..