Required Immunizations

  • To attend school scholars must provide medically verified immunization records that show the scholar is compliant with all required immunizations prior to attending. WA State Immunization laws state that the student is in compliance if they are:

    For more details about Washington State school Immunization Requirements please visit the Department of Health website here. Information is available in: English, Korean, Russian, Somali, Spanish and Vietnamese.

Medically Verified Immunization Records are Required for All Students

  • Federal Way Public Schools uses the Washington Immunization Information System (WAIIS), a lifetime immunization record, to monitor student immunization compliance. Only medically verified immunization records are accepted.   

    Medically verified immunization records include:

    • Official lifetime immunization record with a provider stamp or signature.
    • Official immigration immunization record.
    • Immunization record printed from a healthcare provider, clinic, or hospital.
    • Written immunization record with a provider stamp or signature.
    • Immunization record printed from the Washington Immunization Information System (WA IIS).

    Access your family's immunization information and Certificate of Immunization form through the Department of Health website MyIR. You will need to set up an account to access the information. You can also call or email DOH office or 1-866-397-0337.

Certificate of Immunization Status

  • A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) is the form Washington State requires parents/guardians to complete for each student.  The certificate of immunization status form and the forms for scholars in the process of gettinig immunizations can be found here.

Certificate of Exemption

  • If a parent/guardian wants to exempt a student from receiving immunizations, a Certificate of Exemption (COE) must be completed by the parent and healthcare provider.  The COE forms can be found here.

Free Vaccination Clinics

  • Free immunization vaccination clinics are available to students through the following organizations: 

    King County Public Health provides immunization vaccination clinics for both insured, uninsured, and underinsured children. Learn more about their services and locations

    Mary Bridge Immunization Clinic offers free routine childhood vaccines for children from birth through age eighteen. Learn more or schedule an appointment

    HealthPoint TAF@Saghalie School-Based Health Center (Students in grades 6-12). Call for an appointment.
    33914 19th Ave SW
    Federal Way, WA 98023
    (253) 804-3589

    HealthPoint Federal Way Clinic (All Ages) Call for an appointment and walk in times.
    33431 13th Place South
    Federal Way, WA 98003
    (253) 874-7634

    HealthPoint Midway Clinic (All Ages) Call for an appointment and walk in times.26401 Pacific Highway South
    26401 Pacific Highway South
    Des Moines, WA 98198
    (206) 870-3590

Access Your Family's Immunization Information

  • Sign up for MyIR to view, download and print your family's immunization records securely online through the Department of Health. Once you register, you can access the records anytime you need them. You can also print your child's Certificate of Immunization Status for school, child care and camp programs.