If you are interested in attending a Federal Way Public School preschool, please complete this initial survey: Click Here.
Download the Registration Flyer in English
Download the Registration Flyer in Spanish
Download the Registration Flyer in Ukrainian
Download the Registration Flyer in Russian
Download the Registration Flyer in Somali
Download the Registration Flyer in Vietnamese
Download the Registration Flyer in Dari
Download the Registration Flyer in Korean
What is ECEAP?
ECEAP programs provide part day and full day preschool education and support to families. Our purpose is to provide a community of support for children and families in an inclusive program that addresses the individual needs of each child.
ECEAP (Early Childhood Education Assistance Program) is funded by Washington state. Services are free for eligible families.
We accept applications throughout the year and maintain a waitlist.
Who is Eligible?
Children who are three or four years old by August 31, 2021. Applications are accepted all year. One or more of the following criteria must be met:
- Income eligible.
- Currently on TANF.
- Child is in foster care, or not living with a biological parent(s).
- Family meets McKinney-Vento requirements (risk for homelessness).
- Transitioning from Early Head Start, Early ECEAP, Early support for infants and toddlers (ESIT), IDEA Part C Services from another state, or ECLIPSE (Early childhood intervention and prevention services).
- Currently on an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
What Services does ECEAP Provide?
ECEAP is a family focused program that provides the following services:
- Preschool experience geared to the individual child
- We offer part day, and full day programs.
- Panther Lake, Camelot, Sherwood Forest, Mirror Lake, Truman (two classrooms) & Uptown Square (two classrooms) sites offer a 6.5 hour class, 4-5 days a week.
- Lake Grove (two classrooms), Decatur High School, Thomas Jefferson High School, Truman, & Uptown Square (two classrooms) sites offer a 3 hour class, moring or afternoon, 4 days a week.
- Activities which build self-esteem, social skills, and physical skills
- Atmosphere which celebrates diversity.
- Developmental screenings.
- Small classes (16, 19 or 20 children depending on location).
Health and Nutrition
- Nutritious family-style meals.
- Medical, dental, vision and hearing screenings.
- Health and nutrition education for children and families.
- Child development and parenting classes.
- Information and referrals to community agencies.
- Opportunities for personal growth, empowerment and leadership.
- Job training and employment programs.
- Opportunity to join regional policy council to make positive changes in ECEAP programs.
- Home visits to create family goals.
- Parent planned activities to meet school readiness goals
- Help make major program decisions by taking on leadership roles.
- Gain job readiness skills and work experience.
- Volunteer in the classroom.
- Attend parent meetings and classes
- Parent conferences with teachers to set school readiness goals.
By joining the ECEAP community, parents meet new people, gain self-confidence, learn about community resource, develop job skills, and help their child get a good start in school.
First day of Developmental Preschool will be Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
First day of ECEAP will be Thursday, September 9, 2021.
For further information, or questions:
Early Learning Centers
Truman - ECEAP
31457 28th Ave. S.
Federal Way WA 98003
Uptown Square - ECEAP
1066 South 320th Street, Building E
Federal Way, WA 98003
How do I Enroll My Child?
Applications are accepted all year! Print off an application for our webpage and email to email@example.com or mail to Truman ECEAP, 31457 28th Ave. S., Federal Way, WA 98003 or Uptown Square – ECEAP,1066 South 320th Street, Building E, Federal Way, WA 98003.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253.945.2379 for more information.
To determine eligibility for enrolling your child you must:
- Complete the application
- Provide 12 months of income verification (W-2, Tax Return, SSI or TANF)
- If you do not have income verification, please call (253) 945-2379.
Once eligibility is determined:
We enroll children as space allows through April for the current school year. Your eligible child will be enrolled at the location closest to your home that has an opening. If you would like a different location, requests will be taken as space allows. Please call 253-945-2379 or email email@example.com.
If your child is selected for an open position, you will receive a call to schedule an enrollment appointment. During the enrollment appointment you will:
- Complete enrollment paperwork
- Receive Parent orientation information
- Provide immunization records (immunizations must be up to date in order to attend, except McKinney-Vento eligible)
- Provide insurance, medical and dental information
- Children with life-threatening conditions must complete a health plan prior to attending, except McKinney-Vento eligible
During the summer we have office hours on Tuesday’s from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Truman ECEAP, 31457 28th Ave. S., Federal Way 98003 and Thursday's 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Uptown Square Early Learning Center, 1066 S. 320th ST Building E Federal Way, WA 98003. We are closed the week of July 4. Applications may also be dropped off at Federal Way Public Schools Educational Service Center, 33330 8th Ave S, Federal Way, WA 98003.
ECEAP does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation including gender identity, national origin, sex, age of parent, or mental/sensory/physical disability.