Black History Month
We have started a lunchroom recycling program at Sherwood Forest!
Here are some quick facts on the results from this program after just one day:
- Before recycling, Demetri used to empty approx. 13 trash cans per day or 416 gallons of garbage.
- Now, Demetri empties approximately 2 garbage cans full or 70 gallons of garbage.
In just one day:
- Sherwood Forest reduced waste by 11 cans or about 350 gallons!!
In just one week:
- Sherwood Forest will reduce waste by 55 cans or 1,750 gallons!
In a year:
- Sherwood Forest will reduce waste by 2,200 cans or 70,000 gallons!
The amount of garbage Sherwood Forest will keep out of the landfill through recycling would fill almost 4 school buses in a year, an 85% reduction in garbage!!
Below are some pictures of our Recycling Team on their first day.