Attendance Notification Program
Student attendance is essential especially during this time of remote learning. For the 2020-21 school year, school districts are required per state guidelines to take attendance whether instruction is 100% remote, face-to-face, or in a hybrid model.
It’s critical that your child attends school every day so they don’t miss out on significant instruction and learning opportunities during school.
Safe Arrival Notifications
When hybrid students begin face-to-face instruction, the district will resume automated safe arrival attendance calls and emails to the primary parent/guardian approximately one hour after the start of school if a child has an unreported absence.
For students engaged in remote learning, the district will send automated attendance notifications to the primary parent/guardian if a child has an unreported absence.
Important Attendance Information for the 2020-21 School Year
NEW this year: Parents can log in to ParentVUE (grades.fwps.org) to:
- See if their child has logged into asynchronous (independent) learning in Launchpad to Learning on Wednesdays.
- View if their child attended synchronous (live) learning as absences will be recorded by teachers for students who did not attend class.
Reporting student absences:
- If your child is absent from school due to illness, medical appointment, technology issues or other reasons, you can enter this in ParentVUE. Log in to ParentVUE at grades.fwps.org, select “Attendance” in the left column, then select “Report Absence”.
- If absences can’t be reported online, you can still contact your child’s school.
Ensure your notification preferences are updated in Blackboard C5i (Parentlink):
- Review and edit your contact preferences at federalway.parentlink.net or through the FWPS mobile app and click on “Parentlink”. If you haven’t downloaded the app, search for “Federal Way Public Schools” on your smart phone.
- For assistance with editing delivery settings or your login credentials, contact your child's school.
For assistance with the Automated Notification System or support with editing delivery settings or your login credentials, contact your child's school.
If you have other questions about our Automated Notification System or the FWPS Mobile App, please call or email the district’s Communications Office.