2020-2021 Athletic Eligibility Information
2020/2021 Athletic Eligibility Information
Please check the NPSL website* for the most current, up-to-date information regarding TJ Raider sports schedules. Note: page maintained independent of TJ or Federal Way Public Schools
Call Mrs. Wortman, TJHS Athletic Secretary 253-945-5748 with any questions. In order to be eligible to participate in school athletics, students must be enrolled and regularly attending full-time. Seniors who are on track to graduate may initially enroll in one less class than the minimum number of classes required for other students. Please check the NPSL website for the most current, up-to-date information regarding TJ Raider sports. Simply click on the TJ tab at the top and then on the sport you are interested in.
If you are a current TJ student or athlete, please go to Rank One Sport (https://federal-way.rankonesport.com) to sign-up. you do not need to print anything out, just fill out the forms online.
You will need to be sure you have a current sports physical on file at TJ, and have insurance in order to tryout.
No one will be allowed to try out until this online paperwork is completed.
Fall sports eligibility clearance is currently under way as Football starts Mon. Mar. 1st with Girls Soccer, Girls Swimming, Volleyball, Boys and Girls Golf and Boys and Girls Cross Country start on Mon. Mar. 8th. Winter Sport clearance begins late March. Spring Sports clearance will begin early May. (see below for modified COVID sports seasons)
Complete the online registration. Federal Way has joined Rank One Sport for athletic clearance. If you are interested in participating in a sport, please go to https://federal-way.rankonesport.com. Fill out the 3 required forms and return a current physical to Mrs. Wortman in the athletics office. Physicals are good for 24 months and must not expire during the sports season. The athletic office has access to physicals from Kilo and Totem.
You only have to fill out the online forms once per school year. If you wish to do another sport after the initial one, go to the Athletic Office and ask Mrs. Wortman to transfer your paperwork to the new sport you wish to participate in.
- Purchase an ASB card (Starting with 2020-21 school year, FWPS has eliminated participation fees for sports)
- Have no outstanding athletic fines
- All 9th graders who did not attend Totem or Kilo need to bring a copy of 2017’s end-of-the-year grades for a grade check (Fall sports eligibility only).
- Once all the required paperwork is turned in, you will be placed on the try-out roster. Have a great season! Go Raiders!
Fall Sports (Tryouts for football Mar. 1st , all other sports Mar. 8th )
- www.tjraiderfootball.com (Note: page maintained independent of TJ or Federal Way Public Schools)
- Football – Varsity, JV and C team (depending on team numbers)
- Men and Women’s Cross Country
- Men and Women’s Golf
- Women’s Volleyball- Varsity, JV, and C team (depending on team numbers)
- Women’s Swimming
- Women’s Soccer – Varsity
- Women’s Soccer-JV (depending on team numbers)
Winter Sports (Tryouts for all sports is Apr. 12th)
- Men and Women’s Track and Field
- Women's Tennis- Varsity
- Womens Tennis - JV
- Men's Soccer- Varsity
- Men’s Soccer-JV
- Baseball - Varsity
- Baseball - JV
- Fastpitch – Varsity
Spring Sports (Tryouts for Gymnastics is May. 10th, All other sports are May 17th)
- Women’s Bowling
- Boys Basketball- Varsity, JV, and C Team (depending on team numbers)
- Girls Basketball – Varsity, JV, and C Team (depending on team numbers)
- Boys Swimming Dive
- Men’s Tennis