District Headlines & Features
Dear Lake Dolloff Families,
I can’t believe how quickly the school season flew by this past year. It was a wonderful adventure to see all our scholars learning in the building once again. I am grateful to serve as principal to all our Lake Dolloff scholars, who arrive to school enthusiastic and ready to learn. Each bringing with them unique talents and adding value to our school. Just as each scholar has made independent growth in their academic, social, and emotional learning, our Lake Dolloff community has continued to grow stronger and develop in ways we never thought possible.
It is always hard to say farewell to our 5th-grade leaders as they prepare to venture off into middle school this coming fall. Our group of 5th-grade scholars worked especially hard to get where they are today. I am proud of their accomplishments and have high expectations for each of them as they continue in their learning journey at the middle school level.
A huge shout-out to Ms. Haven, one of our 4th-grade teachers who organized Field Day at the end of this school year. Thank you to Ms. Haven, family volunteers, teachers, and additional staff members who supported this Field Day event. We would not have been able to do it without you!
My most sincere appreciation to everyone in our school community for your partnership and support this year. I am already excited for next year and look forward to our partnership.
Our main office will re-open on August 15. Please don’t wait to mark your calendar now for LDF’s Ice Cream Social/Meet & Greet Event on September 1 at 5:00 p.m. It’s going to be a blast! Scholars and families will be able to:
- Learn who their classroom teacher will be this coming year.
- Meet their classroom teacher and staff at Lake Dolloff Elementary.
- Learn/review the arrival and dismissal process at our school.
- Hear more about our school-wide expectations: The Dolphin Way! Be Safe, Kind & Productive. And how Positive Behavior - Intervention Systems (PBIS) at our school are implemented.
- Know how to stay involved throughout the year as a parent/guardian. For example: how to join PTSA, volunteer and what communication tools to become familiar with.
- Learn what is coming up this fall and connect with new and old friends from our school.
We know 2022-23 will be a fantastic year. I hope you can join us in kicking off our learning adventure by enjoying a cold treat (ice cream and popsicles will be served) and learning a bit about the upcoming year.
I wish everyone a safe, restful summer. Thank you for your hard work and collaboration. We will see you this fall!
Your Proud Principal,