Required Immunizations

  • To attend school, scholars must provide medically verified immunization records that show the scholar is compliant with all required immunizations prior to attending. WA State Immunization laws state that the student is in compliance if they are:

    The certificate of immunization status form and the forms for scholars in the process of getting immunizations can be found here.

    2022-2023 School Immunization Requirement Charts for Parents  
    The school chart shows required immunizations for school entry based on a child’s age. The chart is translated into a variety of languages. 

    English (PDF) | Español (PDF) | Arabic (PDF) | Amharic (PDF) | Chinese (PDF) | Korean (PDF) | Marshallese (PDF) | Russian (PDF) | Somali (PDF) | Tagalog (PDF) | Vietnamese (PDF) 

    The Vax 2 School page has resources for families looking to catch up on required school immunizations.


    NEW: Preschool and Kindergarten Immunization Requirements 

    If your child will be 4 years of age on September 1, you will need to provide immunization records showing they received the following vaccines by the start of school: 

    • A booster dose of DTaP vaccine
    • A booster dose of IPV vaccine
    • A booster dose of MMR vaccine
    • A booster dose of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine 

    In addition, children between the ages of 4 and 5 on September 1 will need PCV and Hib vaccines for school entry.

    For more information, view the School Immunization Chart Changes PDF, a quick reference guide summarizing the school immunization requirement changes for the 2022-2023 school year.


    IMPORTANT: Requirements for Scholars Entering 7th Grade 

     In Washington State, children are required to get a Tdap vaccine at the age of 10 years of age or older to enter the 7th grade.  

Medically Verified Immunization Records are Required for All Students

  • Federal Way Public Schools uses the Washington Immunization Information System (WAIIS), a lifetime immunization record, to monitor student immunization compliance. Only medically verified immunization records are accepted.   

    Medically verified immunization records include:

    • Official lifetime immunization record with a provider stamp or signature.
    • Official immigration immunization record.
    • Immunization record printed from a healthcare provider, clinic, or hospital.
    • Written immunization record with a provider stamp or signature.
    • Immunization record printed from the Washington Immunization Information System (WA IIS).

    Access your family's immunization information and Certificate of Immunization form through the Department of Health website MyIR. You will need to set up an account to access the information. You can also call or email DOH office or 1-866-397-0337.

Certificate of Immunization Status

  • A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) is the form Washington State requires parents/guardians to complete for each student.  The certificate of immunization status form and the forms for scholars in the process of gettinig immunizations can be found here.

Certificate of Exemption

  • If a parent/guardian wants to exempt a student from receiving immunizations, a Certificate of Exemption (COE) must be completed by the parent and healthcare provider.  The COE forms can be found here.

Free Vaccination Clinics

  • Free immunization vaccination clinics are available to students through the following organizations: 

    King County Public Health provides immunization vaccination clinics for both insured, uninsured, and underinsured children. Learn more about their services and locations

    Mary Bridge Immunization Clinic offers free routine childhood vaccines for children from birth through age eighteen. Learn more or schedule an appointment

    HealthPoint TAF@Saghalie School-Based Health Center (Students in grades 6-12). Call for an appointment.
    33914 19th Ave SW
    Federal Way, WA 98023
    (253) 804-3589

    HealthPoint Federal Way Clinic (All Ages) Call for an appointment and walk in times.
    33431 13th Place South
    Federal Way, WA 98003
    (253) 874-7634

    HealthPoint Midway Clinic (All Ages) Call for an appointment and walk in times.26401 Pacific Highway South
    26401 Pacific Highway South
    Des Moines, WA 98198
    (206) 870-3590

Access Your Family's Immunization Information

  • Sign up for MyIR to view, download and print your family's immunization records securely online through the Department of Health. Once you register, you can access the records anytime you need them. You can also print your child's Certificate of Immunization Status for school, child care and camp programs.