It’s Time For Trac
Star Lake track season has started! YAY!!!
Practices for track will be after school and will last until 4:15. We do not provide transportation!
Parents will need to pick up your student at 4:15 NO LATER.
Students should bring a pair of tennis shoes/sneakers to keep in their backpacks for practice. If students are wearing boots or slip on shoes they will not be able to participate that day. This is for safety purposes.
Practices will be on the following Mondays & Thursdays:
March 16th K-5th
March 23rd K-5th
March 26th 3rd-5th
March 30th K-2nd
April 2nd 3rd-5th
April 13th K-2nd
April 16th 3rd-5th
April 20th K-2nd
April 23rd 3rd-5th
April 27th K-2nd
April 30th 3rd-5th
May 4th K-2nd Final Practice
May 7th 3rd-5th
Meets for track will be:
April 18th RON MATTILA CLASSIC
1:30-3:15 3-5th Grade Please arrive to field at 1:00
3:30-5:30 K-2nd Grade Please arrive to field at 3:00
- In this practice meet each child will complete one practice run, two Standing Long jumps, and two Turbo Javelin Throws. At this meet the children will be broken up into groups by grade and gender and taken to each event. Please bring water to events
May 9th : 3:00-5:30 K-2 FINAL MEET (K-2nd grades only)
- Please arrive at 2:30 so we can get the kids checked in and warmed up.
May 2nd : 1:15-4:30 Qualifying Meet (3rd-5th grades only) arrive 12:45pm
- Your child will participate in the 3 events they chose at practice.
- We will not know if your child qualified for the May 23rd Championship meet until Thursday May 11th.
- We will notify the qualifiers as soon as we are notified by the district.
May 23rd 11:00am Championship Meet Qualifiers Only
It is always cold and windy at Federal Way Memorial Stadium so please dress accordingly. The kids cannot wear their coats onto the field so please have them wear an extra shirt under their track shirt.
There are concessions (coffee, hot cocoa, hotdogs and popcorn) for sale at all meets. Please feel free to bring your own snacks.
Parents are required to stay at the meet. If you do not stay then your child will not be able to participate in any events. Parents must check their child in and out with their coach in the bleachers!