Todd Beamer High School Profile
Address: 35999 16th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
Principal: Anali Weatherhead
Assistant Principal: Cheryl Sullivan
Assistant Principal: Cienai Wright-Wilkins
Counseling: Candy Apple, Jolie Comery, Tim Lynch
Year School was Built: 2003
School Mission Statement
In an environment of high expectations, high support, and no excuses, the staff at Todd Beamer High School will continually learn, lead, utilize data to effect academic achievement and collaborate to ensure our scholars have a voice, a dream, and a bright future.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- PBIS Matrix focuses on school-wide systems to support a safe learning environment—working to establish the foundation for delivering regular, proactive support to support positive behaviors
- Increased focus on Multi-Tiered Systems of Support that focuses on prevention and problem solving for all. We are connecting academic and non-academic supports in order to eliminate barriers to learning and teaching. Systems include AVID, Character Strong, Communities in Schools, Mentor & ME, PBIS, Call of Compassion, and the Todd Squad
Area of Focus
- Increase scholars participating in at least 90% of classroom instructional time. Advisory lessons work to support scholar social emotional learning and reinforce school-wide expectations and norms
Goal 5- Persistence to Graduation: High School Graduation Through Successful Transitions
- Our graduation rate has remained steady at 88%, higher than both the state and the national average
- The Class of 2019 earned more than $2,000,000 in scholarships
Area of Focus
- Increasing the percentage of 9th grade scholars on track for on-time graduation. To assist with this, couselors and administrators will be visiting 9th grade classes to speak with scholars about the importance of attendance, behaviors and course progression
Parents and community members can participate in Mentor & Me, Parent Support and Advisory Group, tutoring, Booster Club, chaperoning field trips and events and being guest speakers in classrooms.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.