Address: 30611 16th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
Principal: Dr. Matt Oberst
Assistant Principal: Lynn Herink
Assistant Principal: Alicia Holtzclaw
Assistant Principal: Khaleelah Rahsaan
Counseling: Allie Brookbank, Stephanie Paradee, Rhiannon Barrow, Brad Smith
Year School was Built: 1938/Remodeled 2018
School Mission Statement
We will increase our on-time graduation rate, improve college and career readiness, and provide a safe, supportive, and equitable learning environment for all scholars.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- AVID National Demonstration School and AVID National School of Distinction
- 97% participation in Student Led Conference, ensuring nearly every scholar and family is able to meet with teachers to discuss progress and set goals
Area of Focus
- Continue to focus upon positive behavior and support (PBIS) in order to support a safe and welcoming environment for all scholars. Our school expectations are Respectful, Engaged, Postive (REP Fed)!
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- Our graduation rates have increased significantly over the last three years. Our current graduation rate is 87% in 2018
- We continue to support multiple pathways and increased opportunies for students to earn credit. 77% of our students completed a dual credit course in 2018
Area of Focus
- We are focused on providing scholars with feedback on their learning throughout all courses in order to challenge each scholar and meet the needs of all learners for the 2019-20 school year
We are always seeking parents to support PTSA, the Booster Club, Communities In Schools, and to volunteer. We would like to partner with our parents to better support our scholars’ success. For more information, please call our main office.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.