Address: 26812 40th Ave S, Bldg B
Kent, WA 98032
Principal: Kris Rennie
Assistant Principal: Travis Geving
Counseling: Tiffany Williams
Year School was Built: 2021
School Mission Statement
In an environment of high expectations, high support, and no excuses, the staff of Star Lake Elementary School will continually learn, lead, utilize data, and collaborate to ensure our scholars have a voice, a dream, and a bright future.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- 93% of our students responding to Tier 1 PBIS supports, 86% of surveyed 3rd-5th graders indicate a positive teacher-student relationship, and 90% say their teacher is supportive and respectful toward them.
- 100% of our families participated in Fall and Spring Student Led Conferences in 2021-2022
Area of Focus
- Through a multi-tiered system of support and Universal Design for Learning strategies we are focused on creating indivualized supports for social emotional needs of students.
Goal 4- Content Area Competency
- The percentage of students reading on level in grades K-5 as measured by iReady increased from 21% to 36% from Fall 2022 to Winter 2023
- 52% of students are on target to make a typical growth and 35% are making accelerated year's growth as measured by iReady reading.
Area of Focus
- We are focusing on increasing the number of students meeting standard on SBA by 20% points from 2022 to 2023 through an increase in targeted interventions.
Parents and community members are always welcome at Star Lake! Please join us for PTA meetings and family engagement events. For information about ways you can volunteer or increase family partnerships, please contact Jessica Hilderbrand, our family liaison at 253-945-4020.
School Improvement Plan and Score Cards
Check out www.fwps.org/athletics or contact our school for a current list of available athletics teams.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding, financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.