Address: 2450 S Star Lake Rd
Federal Way, WA 98003
Principal: Tess Johnson
Assistant Principal: Emily Veling
Counseling: Kerri Godina
Year School was Built: 1968
School Mission Statement
Believe…Achieve…Succeed! Mark Twain’s entire staff is committed to our beliefs: “Be Safe, Be Respectful, and Be Responsible”. With this commitment, we provide outstanding education for each student.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- We are Bullfrogs at Mark Twain and celebrate being safe, respectful, and responsible through our school-wide PBIS system
- School-wide morning assembly in our gym focusing on social emotional learning and building our school culture to be one that celebrates learning
Area of Focus
- School-wide PBIS system focusing on being safe, respectful, and responsible across the school in all areas
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- 100% of our scholars have a personalized reading goal called a “Power Goal”
- Mark Twain is an early implementing school for Ready Math to support high quality math instruction
Area of Focus
- High quality teaching and learning with a focus formative assessment and targeted feedback to drive scholar success
Mark Twain values the partnerships that are in place with parents and community. A few of the activities that support the partnership are: Coffee with Principal and Family Liaison, Family Math and Reading Nights, Family PBIS Nights, Curriculum Nights, Multicultural Night, Ice Cream Social, Monthly Newsletter, PTA and Student Led Conferences.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.