Valhalla Elementary School Profile
Address: 27847 42nd Ave S
Auburn, WA 98001
Principal: Principal-Dianne Harlow
Assistant Principal: Val Muñoz
Counseling: Kelsey Cinkovich
Year School was Built: 1967, 2009
School Mission Statement
In an environment of high expectations, high support, and no excuses, the staff of Federal Way Public Schools will continually learn, lead, utilize data, and collaborate to ensure our scholars have a voice, a dream, and a bright future.
Our School Goals
Our school goals aligned with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- We are Voyagers at Valhalla and celebrate being safe, kind, and productive through our school-wide PBIS system
- PBIS Tier I: Valhalla has successfully implemented PBIS tier I systems with 87% fidelity based on the Tiered Fidelity Inventory
Area of Focus
- Valhalla is focusing on PBIS Tier II implementation. Currently we have check in, check out. We are expanding systematic interventions to include friendship groups, social skills instruction groups, and breaks or better
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- 100% of our scholars have a personalized reading goal called a “Power Goal
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC): Valhalla staff engage in PLCS once every six days with teams to align practices and utilize data to inform instructional decisions. A pride point is the collaboration across settings: ELL teachers, Special Education teachers, and Interventionists
Area of Focus
- We are focusing on formative assessment and feedback and math practices to support high quality core instruction in every class
We love volunteers here at Valhalla. Our Family Liaison, Silvia Drengson, helps coordinate our volunteers through several outreach programs such as Rotary and Kiwanis. If you would like to be involved, please call 253-945-4346.
School Improvement Plan and Score Cards
Check out www.fwps.org/athletics or contact our school for a current list of available athletics teams.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.