June 24 – July 25, 2014
- Period 1: 7:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Period 2: 10:05 am - 12:35 pm
Sacajawea Middle School
1101 South Dash Point Road
Federal Way, WA 98003
SUMMER SCHOOL OFFICE
A message phone has been installed for your convenience. Please leave a brief message and your calls will be returned as soon as possible. PLEASE DO NOT CALL Sacajawea Middle School.
- Wil Derrick, Summer School Principal
- Pat Wilson, Summer School Counselor
- Vince Blauser, Executive Director of Secondary Schools
Summer School Program
Federal Way Public Schools provides a fee-based summer program of classes in Language Arts, Math, Science and History. All summer school classes with be standards based. Classes are designed so students can make up credits or improve their understanding of a subject. Middle school students will also focus upon reading, organization and study skills.
Each class consists of 2 ½ hours of instruction daily. Students will find the summer school setting an ideal atmosphere in which to succeed.
Attention Out Of District Students
All out of district students must complete and return a resident school discipline records form signed by the home school administration. This form must be completed before registration can be considered complete. This form can obtained by mail — leave a message on the summer school phone 253-945-2362, or call Pam Kocha at 253-945-4301, or download online.
Your Student May Register by mail or in person:
Either mail the completed registration form by June 16th to:
Summer School Program
Valhalla Elementary School
27847 – 42nd Avenue South
Auburn, WA 98001
…or register in person:
at Sacajawea Middle School from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Friday, June 20, 2014
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please register as soon as possible as classes will be closed when student enrollment limit is reached.
- All classes are subject to minimum enrollments of 16 students.
- Students cannot register for both semesters of a single subject during summer school.
Summer School Policies
In order to enable all students to learn with the least number of distractions, we have the following rules and procedures:
- A student who is absent more than Three (3) days will lose credit. Absences are counted from the first day of classes.
- Three tardies will equal one absence. If the student is more than fifteen (15) minutes late, the tardy will be considered an absence.
- No Early Dismissals, Vacations, Summer Camps or Retreats Will Be Granted If Credit Is Desired.
- Food or beverages will not be permitted in the classrooms or halls.
- Smoking, tobacco, drugs, and alcohol are prohibited on or adjacent to the campus.
- Destruction of school property is forbidden.
- Fireworks and/or weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden.
- Absolutely NO laser pens/pointers are to be brought on campus.
- Appropriate school dress and footwear is required as contained in FWPS Student Policy 3224.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the campus during the school day.
- Visitors are not allowed at summer school and will be asked to leave the schools grounds.
- Head gear may not be worn in the classroom or hallways.
- All student conduct expectations, disciplinary action and due process procedures of the regular school year are also followed at Summer School.
- Cell phones and electronic devices must not be seen or used within the building or classroom. These devices will be taken from the student and held for parent pick up.
Note: A student suspended or expelled for a criminal or school offense will lose credit and their tuition will not be refunded.
Please see our list of 2014 summer course offerings