Secondary Summer School - 2013
Summer School Program
Federal Way Public Schools provides a fee-based summer program of classes in Language Arts, Math, Science and History. All summer school classes with be standards based. Classes are designed so students can make up credits or improve their understanding of a subject. Middle school students will also focus upon reading, organization and study skills.
Each class consists of 2 ½ hours of instruction daily. Students will find the summer school setting an ideal atmosphere in which to succeed.
- Any student currently on an expulsion or suspension is not eligible to attend summer school. This applies to all students within or outside the district.
- If you currently have an IEP or 504 please provide a copy at the time of registration.
- School nurses are not available during summer school.
Attention Out Of District Students
All out of district students must complete and return a resident school discipline records form signed by the home school administration. This form must be completed before registration can be considered complete.This form can obtained by mail -- leave a message on the summer school phone 253-945-2362, or call Pam Kocha at 253-945-4301, or download online.
Your Student May Register in person:
- In Person
Registration at Sacajawea Middle School from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Friday, June 21, 2013
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please register as soon as possible as classes will be closed when student enrollment limit is reached.
- All classes are subject to minimum enrollments of 15 students.
- Students cannot register for both semesters of a single subject during summer school.
Summer School Policies
In order to enable all students to learn with the least number of distractions, we have the following rules and procedures:Attendance
- A student who is absent more than Three (3) days will lose credit. Absences are counted from the first day of classes.
- Three tardies will equal one absence. If the student is more than fifteen (15) minutes late, the tardy will be considered an absence.
- No Early Dismissals, Vacations, Summer Camps or Retreats Will Be Granted If Credit Is Desired.
- Food or beverages will not be permitted in the classrooms or halls.
- Smoking, tobacco, drugs, and alcohol are prohibited on or adjacent to the campus.
- Destruction of school property is forbidden.
- Fireworks and/or weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden.
- Absolutely NO laser pens/pointers are to be brought on campus.
- Appropriate school dress and footwear is required as contained in FWPS Student Policy 3224.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the campus during the school day.
- Visitors are not allowed at summer school and will be asked to leave the schools grounds.
- Head gear may not be worn in the classroom or hallways.
- All student conduct expectations, disciplinary action and due process procedures of the regular school year are also followed at Summer School.
- Cell phones and electronic devices must not be seen or used within the building or classroom. These devices will be taken from the student and held for parent pick up.
|PACIFIC REGIONAL HISTORY 2 (SOC321)
Meets one semester of ninth grade Pacific Regional History graduation requirement.
|WORLD HISTORY (SOC331)||Period 1
|U.S. HISTORY (SOC361)
World and U.S. History classes meet one semester of the graduation requirement for history.
|LANG ARTS & READING 6||Period 1|
|LANG ARTS & READING 7||Period 1|
|LANG ARTS & READING 8||Period 1|
|ENGLISH 9 (ENG337)||Period 1
|ENGLISH 10 (ENG437)||Period 1
|ENGLISH 11 (ENG537)||Period 1
|ENGLISH 12 (ENG637)||Period 2|
|The English classes meet the grade level and district curriculum requirement. One semester of high school credit may be earned.|
|MATH 6 (MTH 309)||Period 2|
|MATH 7 (MTH137)||Period 2|
|MATH 8 (MTH308)||Period 2|
|** ALGEBRA 2nd SEMESTER (MTH733)||Period 1
|ADV. ALGEBRA 2nd SEMESTER (MTH873)||Period 1|
|** GEOMETRY 2nd SEMESTER (MTH833)
These are second semester classes. Student must have passed the first semester of this class.
|BIOLOGY LAB (SCI215)||Period 1|
|PHYSICAL SCIENCE 9 (SCI203)
Meets one semester of the ninth grade science requirement.