Eligible employees participate in the generous benefits program provided to State of Washington employees.
You can find a wide range of benefit information at WEA’s Your Benefits Resources. You can use YBR’s online tools to compare your WEA-provided benefit options and costs, and enroll online. You can review information about the WEA Select medical (Premera) and dental (Washington Dental Services and/or Willamette Dental) benefits you and your dependents are enrolled in, including your total cost of coverage (not including district funding for benefits). Read more about YBR »
All employees are automatically enrolled in VSP for vision benefits.
Here’s a brief summary of the insurance and retirement benefits:
Employees and their families are covered by dental and vision insurance, as well as basic life and long-term disability insurance plans. Medical insurance is offered as an optional benefit to employees who have, at minimum, a half time position. Additional insurance coverage is available at special group rates.
Employees have an excellent state retirement plan regulated by WA State Department of Retirement Systems. In addition, the district offers optional retirement programs such as a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan and 403b Tax Sheltered Annuities.
WEA Benefits Center: http://resources.hewitt.com/wea or 855-668-5039
- Download the Employee Benefits Handbook
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage for specific plans:
- Premera Blue Cross: WEA Select Plan 2
- Premera Blue Cross: WEA Select Plan 3
- Premera Blue Cross: WEA Select Plan 5
- Premera Blue Cross: WEA Select EasyChoice A
- Premera Blue Cross: WEA Select EasyChoice B
- Premera Blue Cross: WEA Select EasyChoice C
- Premera Blue Cross: WEA Select Qualified High Deductible Health Plan
- Group Health Cooperative: Federal Way Public Schools
- When key parts of the new health care law take effect in 2014, there will be a new way to buy health insurance: the Health Insurance Marketplace