Eligible employees participate in the generous benefits program provided to State of Washington employees.
You can find a wide range of benefit information at WEA’s Your Benefits Resources. You can use YBR’s online tools to compare your WEA-provided benefit options and costs, and enroll online. You can also review information about the WEA Select medical (Premera) and dental (Washington Dental Services and/or Willamette Dental) benefits you and your dependents are enrolled in, including your total cost of coverage (not including district funding for benefits). All employees are automatically enrolled in VSP for vision benefits.
Here’s a brief summary of the insurance and retirement benefits:
Employees and their families are covered by dental and vision insurance, as well as basic life and long-term disability insurance plans. Medical insurance is offered as an optional benefit to employees who have, at minimum, a half time position. Additional insurance coverage is available at special group rates.
Employees have an excellent state retirement plan regulated by WA State Department of Retirement Systems. In addition, the district offers optional retirement programs such as a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan and 403b Tax Sheltered Annuities. Notice of Privacy Practices: FLEX PLAN – FSA & HRA
- WEA Benefits Center: http://resources.hewitt.com/wea or 855-668-5039
- Download the Employee Benefits Handbook
- Summary of benefits and rates for specific Premera plans (for a comparison to the Group Health plan, please see the employee handbook, above)
- Full Premera plans available on the Premera Blue Cross website
- The Health Insurance Marketplace provides another way to purchase health care coverage for individuals who meet certain criteria. See the employee handbook above for more information.