Board of Education
The Federal Way School Board Members are your official elected local representatives in matters of public education. Each board member resides in a specific director district.
They are elected to four year terms by voters of the entire school district. The board establishes the district goals, policies and budget. The superintendent and school staff translate these policies and goals into action which results in quality education for students in the Federal Way Public Schools.
- Geoffery McAnalloy, President: District #1
- Claire Wilson Vice President and Legislative Liaison: District #2
- Danny Peterson: District #3
- Carol Gregory: District #4
- Hiroshi Eto: District #5
Policy Governance®: Getting Down to What’s Really Important
Policy Governance® is a fundamental redesign of the role of the board, emphasizing values, vision and the empowerment of both board and staff. It is designed to create a clear structure for a board of directors to be accountable to the community that they serve. This model enables the board to:
- Focus on the larger issues,
- Clearly delegate authority,
- Direct management’s job without interfering, and
- Rigorously evaluate what is accomplished.