FWPS Communications Department
With over 21,000 students and families and 2,500 staff members in 37 diverse and dynamic schools, there’s a lot to talk about and to celebrate in Federal Way Public Schools.
The Communications Department is the primary point of contact for media inquiries and for staff members seeking to inform the public about their programs. The department is responsible for district-wide printed publications, including the Progress Report to the Community and district-oriented brochures. We also publish the Communicator, an e-mail newsletter distributed to all staff and to media representatives, parents and community members who have requested to be on our mailing list.
District staff should contact the Communications Department for assistance with any of the following:
- Press releases and media contact
- Communications in emergencies or situations that may attract media and parent attention. Media calls to staff at any time should be referred to Communications Director Debra Stenberg at 253-945-2266
- Blackboard Connect and Teacher Connect issues or questions
- Brochures to be distributed beyond your immediate school or building
- Incident letters
- Photo release forms
- Major additions or changes to the Web site
- Requests to distribute information to students and staff
Please note: The Family Partnership Office and the AmeriCorps Office, which were also housed at the Commons Mall have also moved. AmeriCorps is now located at 1211 South 332nd Street, Federal Way, WA, 98003 (the district's Service Center). The Family Partnership Office is located at the ESC, 33330 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, WA, 98003 (directions).